Out of love for nature
Conscious use - How we save resources
- A photovoltaic system on the roof generates environmentally friendly electricity. Geothermal heating provides warm hotel rooms and an air heat pump heats our pool all year round. Almost 70% of the total heat and electricity demand is thus generated sustainably.
- The remaining demand for 100 % sustainable electricity is supplied by the hydroelectric power station of the Kaprun high mountain reservoirs.
- Highly efficient thermal insulation was already used during the general renovation of our hotel in 2020.
- A computer-controlled heating system reduces energy consumption by over 30%.
- All rooms and public areas of the hotel are equipped with state-of-the-art LED technology. It is efficient, durable and environmentally friendly. The lower power consumption of LEDs ensures that less CO2 emissions enter our air. Every kilowatt hour of electricity saved reduces carbon dioxide emissions by about 590 grams.
- Motion detectors are available in most public areas to minimize energy, the lighting of all other areas is controlled by a timer.
- Perlators for taps and showers.
- Stove and many other kitchen appliances have state-of-the-art induction technology.
- An efficient heat recovery of the cooling systems generates hot water.
- Modern and highly efficient dishwashers that are up to date reduce the consumption of energy, water and detergent.
Thoughtful action - How we work
- Our guests are welcome to get their room cleaned if desired. The guest rooms are not automatically cleaned daily. Not having your room cleaned saves about six litres of water, three types of detergents, a load of laundry and 15 minutes of electricity. For each saved room cleaning we donate EUR 10,00 to www.plantfortheplanet.org.
- We use eco-detergent for household laundry as well as environmentally friendly detergent. We also have organic fair-trade guest linen. Our laundry uses an environmentally friendly, certified high-tech process.
- We do not use analogue advertising and information materials. Instead, our guests receive everything they need to know, including postcards in digital form.
- In addition, we rely on largely paperless work in the departments. All guest correspondence is stored digitally. Internal work steps are also digitally processed and archived. When paper is used, it is made of recycled materials.
- Free carafe water with fresh spring water is available for our guests in the restaurant.
- Drinks are bottled in glass bottles, plastic bottles are dispensed with.
- If disposable tableware is used, it is not made of plastic. For example, we do not use plastic straws and use biodegradable straws made of corn starch. Our To-Go hot drink cups are also biodegradable.
- Waste separation is presupposed and carried out conscientiously. All kitchen waste is converted into district heating in a nearby biomass power plant.
Better taste - What we use
- Thanks to our fresh cuisine and the self-preparation of food, we save packaging waste. In addition, regional suppliers are always given preference and are also instructed to provide their fresh produce with as little packaging as possible.
- Fresh food is used also to minimise energy consumption for storage.
- Fresh food is prepared in summer for the autumn and winter months, for example, by pickling.
- The refinement of as many parts of our regional products as possible – whether animal products or vegetables or fruit and vegetables is our goal.
- Recycling of bread by producing crumbs or for the feed of our own highland cattle.
- Herbs are grown in our own herb garden.